Saturday 13 November 2010

Surrealist Shirt Fashion Show




Our first project in our women's wear class was to design an upper body garment inspired by surrealism. We were to buy 3 mens shirts and take them apart and reconstruct them into something completely different. My design had large structured shoulders made from the shirt cuffs. I used the collar as a belt round the waist and cut the strip of buttons off an made that into braces at the back of the top. Most people modeled the garments themselves, I went down a catwalk for the first time, it was a great feeling as I was pleased with how my shirt turned out, after hours of struggling (as we were only given 4 classes to make it in).
  We had to organize the show ourselves and it went smoothly apart from one glitch when the music turned off halfway through the show! It was turned back on after about 30 awkward seconds. I will post the video of the runway soon.

3 comments:

  1. these are so cool, i love the dark makeup

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, got a few strange looks walking into uni like this

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I really like it! It looks really put together! I love the shoes and the skinny jeans with the shirt. I never would have guessed in was men's shirt! You did a really good job:)

    ReplyDelete