Sunday 18 September 2011

2nd Year

Sorry about the lack of posting, I've been away on holiday which was a disaster and busy moving into my new flat for my second year at uni. To be fair I did have a great time in Mallorca, but during our second week there our room was broken into. I lost pretty much everything; camera, phone, ipod, money and my passport! I was so stressed I wouldn't get home, but I managed to go to the British Embassy and get an emergency one. On the plus side I bought an iphone to replace my phone and ipod which I love, and hopefully the insurance company will be good to me.
  Anyway moving on from that I'm loving my new flat which I'm still in the process of decorating, and we've been given quite a few tasks for our new class this semester.


There's a class called pattern experimentation where we have to construct a garment out of only triangular shaped pieces of fabric. However you can pleat and fold them anyway you want. 


This is the kind of shape I wanted, it's only pinned onto the mannequin at the moment, I'm going to die the fabric before I start sewing. >











2 comments:

  1. Wow, I really like the bodice.
    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good blog! Love the draping!

    http://love-for-fashion.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete