Thursday 26 August 2010

John Galliano

The designer that inspired me most last year was John Galliano....

  John Galliano’s forte has to be haute couture, as he is renowned for his innovation and experimental ideas, that couture allows him to explore. I took great inspiration from his 2007 haute couture collection for Dior, based on Japan. He has manipulated the fabrics to create interesting silhouettes and shapes reflective of origami and flowers. This inspired me to create a fan like structure over the bodice, where I covered wire mesh with fabric and folded repeatedly to make the fan shape.
  

"Dressing up. People just don't do it anymore. We have to change that." - Galliano

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Galliano's collections!
    I like your blog:)x

    www.thefashiongenie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm planning on subscribing, but my computers a retard, but I love this, the cream dress is my favourite!

    www.withfashionaddedin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete